Tuesday, February 19, 2008

do you blog?

I love blogs. I love posting on my blog and getting comments from my friends and family, and I love sharing my baby's life with those who are far away and don't get to see her. I love reading the blogs of my friends and family near and far, getting a glimpse of their internal lives and the things that are important to them. I love the connection that I feel with people who think and feel (often enough, anyway) the way I do about motherhood, life, sacrifices, joys, trials, and families. I love having been able to share in many of your blogs, too.

Do you love to blog? Do you love to read blogs? Do you know what a blog is?

If you're interested in learning about blogs, starting a blog, or finding ways to keep your blog fresh and new posts coming, we'd love to hear from you. If we have interest, we'd like to put together a blog workshop that will also hopefully have something of worth to the more experienced bloggers among us.

Topics covered will include...
what is a blog?why should i blog?
various blog hosting services
blogs and internet security
what can I/should I/will I post?
blogging tips -- ideas for posts and using the technology

If you'd be interested in participating in something like this, please email shane manning or -- better yet! -- post a comment here and we'll put a workshop together for sometime in late March. And if you're an experienced blogger, please come and contribute your wisdom and experience to the conversation!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shane, I'd love to come to a blogging workshop. I had a blog for the first eight months of Declan's life, and I ended up deleting the blog (I saved the posts, don't worry) because I felt like it was just all over the map.

I know a lot of blogs are like that, but I wanted more coherence and an overarching purpose to the blog, and I am now thinking of starting more than one blog for different topics or something.

I also never understood how to really make the design of the blog "my own," that is, changing up the basic templates that you're offered. I love the design of the Fairlington MOMS blog, for instance! Anyway, count me in.

Jenn said...

I could definitely use some blogging help. Count me in!